Track product performance in Google Analytics
Tracking the performance of your products in Google Analytics is very simple:
Sign up to Google Analytics.
You will need to create a separate profile for each website that you want to show widgets on. If you want to show widgets on a website that already uses Google Analytics, of course you do not need to sign up again.
- Add your Google Analytics ID to your widget configuration.
Set up a goal in Google Analytics.
You can find a introduction to goals and funnels in Google Analytics here. In our case the goal is a click on a product's link to a merchant. Setting up a goal is only a few steps: (see instructions below the image)
Open Google Analytic and go to the configuration options of your account.
- Click on "Profiles"
Click on "Goals"
Not pictured: Click on "+ Goal"
- Enter "Click" as the goal name
- Select "Event" as the goal type
- As the goal category, select "that matches" and enter "Products"
- As the goal action, select "that matches" and enter "Click"
- Click on "Save"
Once the goal is set up, all clicks will be reported automatically. Please note that Google Analytics does not show the data in real time so it might take one day before any data shows up for this goal.